lichess.org
Donate

Losing chess motivation

It is important that you realize when you are on tilt, and if that is the case do something else, or play a couple easy games.

It makes no sense to play if you are not concentrated.

Also consider watching chess lectures online like matojelic or TheChessNetwork.
@Chessatom.

We play 4 fun, we are not professional players.

If u still have fun playing chess, why quit it? :)
When this happens to me, I just decrease the number of games played that week for example. As ApplePie said, do something else, kinda forget about chess.
I actually think that quitting chess is a sage decision – do it! Do something worthy with your life.
I started not knowing how to move pieces when i was 7 now 6 years later i am 1800 OTB and 2200 online how? practice and maybe some talent that everybody has
I'm losing motivation too. No improvement at all. Maybe I have to play longer games, or maybe this is it? Played on chess.com before so I have played for two years.

Too old aswell too, I guess.

Jeeze, today I am really feeling down.
Take a study break from playing. Learn a new opening, do some tactic training, review games by your favorite players trying to guess next moves, play some variants, get a new chess book or take an online course.

Set realistic short and long term goals for your chess game. As you accomplish short term goals you will realize you are making progress toward your long term goals minimizing frustration.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.