lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Whiplash775"

73 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Full Slav or Semi-Slav#1

Which is better do you think and why, the Full Slav Defense or the Semi-Slav Defense?

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Why do you play chess?#6

For me it's the thrill of the hunt, I love taking down higher rated players when I get the chance. The more scalps the better. Also it is an escape, a form of meditation.

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - What helps you?#1

In blitz sometimes it is good to move in pairs, sometimes not so good, because you can get tricked into a blunder. Sometimes I play many games, sometimes I play with a break between every game. What h…

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Why do you play chess?#1

It doesn't pay much money unless you are say top 5 in the world, so why do you play. Let's see who gives the best answer.

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Is Chess an Actual sport?#25

We play chess for "sport", but it is not a sport. If chess were a sport, Bridge, Backgammon, Monopoly and Scrabble would also be sports. They are not and neither is chess. Chess is a military style wa…

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Is Chess an Actual sport?#2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0QshoW8SQY

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Tie breaks with Chess 960#1

I would love to see tie breaks, like what might happen in the Carlsen Caruana match, decided somehow using Chess 960. What say you?

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Milestones#4

USCF's rules are in print in their 6th edition as of 2016, plus updates, plus online also I believe. I have the print edition. On the USCF website (sorry members only), not only are there titles, but …

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - Milestones#1

The USCF has milestone awards, I was wondering if Lichess has ever considered milestone awards, like 10,000 blitz wins or whatever. Your thoughts?

Whiplash775
General Chess Discussion - London system move order#9

Kingscrusher has a youtube video on this very subject, illustrates Magnus Carlsens new method with a delayed Nf3, leaving options open for the light squared bishop. Give it a look.

Whiplash775